Monday, August 9, 2010

Slowing down but not quite signing off

I regret to inform you that I will no longer be posting weekly. I'll still blog periodically when I think of something funny, just not every week. The reason is a few other things are demanding my attention:

1. I am trying to learn Spanish.
2. I am trying to write short stories and -as silly as it sounds- a novel.
3. Starcraft II just came out and ohmygoodnessitisAWESOME!

Like many of you, I have found that there are just not enough hours in the day. Free time is kind of scarce and even though it only takes a few hours per week to research, write and edit a blog, I think I would like to put those hours toward other things. And truth be told I am having a hard time coming up with stuff to blog about anymore.

I started my blog right after I graduated with my bachelor's degree because I had so much fun writing for the university paper and I wanted to keep up my writing momentum. After over two years and 116 posts I think I have kept up that momentum and now wish to transfer it to the aforementioned short stories. Perhaps I will post them here at a later date if no one buys them.

Maybe I'll start vlogging, or start a new blog about recipes, fashion, popular TV shows or my ultra-conservative right wing political views. I'm kidding.

Anyway, if you haven't already, please download the most recent Avenge Apollo (the band I'm in) album for free. (One last plug.)

Thanks to everyone who has read and commented over these last two years! Stay tuned for random posts.

7 comments:

  1. Oh no! I've really enjoyed your blog! Hope the blogging urge hits occasionally in the future! All the best in your future creative pursuits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a shame. i've enjoyed reading your postings. good luck with everything and i'll be playing starcraft as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But...but...but...

    awwww

    :(

    Well I'll stay subscribed and then if you start something new you can just post here and let us know, right? Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jacob! Marriage has turned you soft! If you guys have a baby, you can start talking about how often it poops and stuff. And that will be better than nothing. Good luck, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you write amazing short stories. Please, post them when you can... I'd love to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww, that's sad. but way to man up to it and not just stop posting and just leave everyone wondering like most bloggers do. can't wait to read your short stories!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is good for your health! Or so I have read.