Saturday, August 28, 2010

My narrow escape

The other night my wife and I went out to dinner where I ordered a “bottomless” lemonade and got my money's worth of free refills. After dinner we went up to Sandia Crest to see the wonderful view of the city of Albuquerque and the surrounding area. The drive up to the top of the mountain takes a little over an hour and we arrived at the top in good spirits, took in the view and prepared to drive back down.

Part way through the drive down I realized I had drunk one lemonade too many.

“I think I need to pull over and 'use the restroom,'” I announced to my wife.

To my surprise she was horrified.

“You can't just wander off into the mountain wilderness and expect to come back alive!” she said. “Haven't you seen any movies?”

I told her I had, in fact, seen some movies.

“Then you know that when you gallivant out there a killer, monster or mutant will kill you in a horrific fashion. Then I have to call for you awhile, be really scared and then go out looking for you, only to get killed in a similar manner. Or maybe the monster will initially bypass you and devour me first because I'm Latina, and everyone knows that minorities die first. So you better just hold it because I'm not getting eviscerated tonight because you don't know when to stop drinking lemonade.”

I had to admit she had a valid point, so I had to hold it all the way down the mountain. All in all, a very fun trip.


* This post was "clipped" by Hippest Snippets, which makes me happy.

4 comments:

  1. Hahahhaaha I think I really like your wife - glad you listened to her. She did make extremely good points.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You shoulda just peed out the window while driving. Barely any monsters would know what to do with that.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is good for your health! Or so I have read.