Monday, April 13, 2009

Beware of imposters! OR Attack of the Clones

Don’t get ahead of me, but I think it’s true. There could be hundreds - even thousands – of clones of me running around, doing who knows what! It all started with a bike ride.

I was meeting a friend for lunch, but I wanted to squeeze in a little exercise beforehand so I hurriedly jumped on my bike and started out on my usual route. I rode most of the way without incident but I encountered a small problem on the home stretch.

There had been a car accident a few hours before at the intersection right by my apartment and the intersection was littered with little pieces of grille, headlight and taillight. One of the cars had also leaked antifreeze everyplace and there was a big patch of it that was soaking into the asphalt.

I didn’t know it at the time, but later I looked up the chemical formula for antifreeze (ehtylene glycol) and it is HOCH2CH2OH. Anyone who has taken Chem 101 can tell you that a substance that contains a lot of “H” means it can be scientifically classified as “wicked slippery.”



To make matters worse, the road back to my apartment is all downhill and my bike tires are bald, which means “good luck stopping, sucker!” Mathematically, my experience could be plotted out like this:

downhill + bald tires + accident debris + antifreeze = EPIC CRASH

That’s right. I ate it. Wiped out and sprawled all over the street. I didn’t really have any other options, you know? Here is a diagram of my injuries:

As you can see, it could have been worse. All of my man parts are intact, except for my ego. It was badly damaged in the accident because I crashed right in the middle of a busy intersection. No less than 20 drivers, five pedestrians and one poodle all saw me splatter all over the asphalt. And no less than 20 drivers, five pedestrians and one poodle all subsequently proceeded to laugh their respective heads off.

So I picked myself up and wobbled home to clean myself off. I scrubbed all the asphalt out with soap and water and then applied some rubbing alcohol, a process that always involves a lot of profanity. Afterward my knees looked like this:


As you can see I left a substantial chunk of my knees back at the intersection. I started to worry because that’s a bunch of my DNA right there on the pavement, ripe for the taking. Any evil organization could come by, scoop it up and use it to make clones of me, which they could use for all sort of sordid purposes. (I think I have a thing with clones.)

Right now my knee scrapings are simmering in a bunch of cloning vats that some evil corporation is using to turn out some Jesse-clone-assassins, or maybe an army of Jesse-super-soldiers. Why? Because with my killer physique and genius mind, I am the perfect candidate for cloning if an evil corporation or government agency wants to make top-notch assassins/soldiers/spies, that’s why! They’ve been waiting to get their filthy hands on my DNA for years, and now they’ve finally succeeded. Curse you, antifreeze! A clone could be writing this very blog for all I know.

So if you see me walking around, make sure it’s The Real Jesse before you tell me anything confidential. I would hate for one of my clones to spread it around.

13 comments:

  1. OUCH! Yeah, it's always the ego that hurts the most!!!
    Some of the people who laughed could have at least assisted, no?

    PS I added you to my blogroll :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those poodles just LOVE to laugh at other people's expense don't they?...stupid poodles.

    Glad you are (on the whole) okay. As for the clones, that's rough. I'd keep an eye out for warrants showing up in your name if I were you. Those clones can get into all kinds of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You're hairy.
    And sorry about the accident. Is your bike ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just left your DNA sitting around?!? Are you mad? When the world comes to an end because of Jacob-clone assassins, I'll know who to blame. The carelessness of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ew that's gross.
    And also that would be kinda freaky with a million of you running around, all of them saying things like, "I am SOOO great! I'm like, the best thing that ever happened to anyone." One of you is definitely enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That diagram seems to be missing something...

    Are you sure you're okay?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I once biffed it on my bike on the mission...on the street right in front of the KMart (aka small town city hub)....wearing a dress. No anti-freexe, though, so I just have my klutsiness to blame. I hope you were wearing helmet. Have you ever watched a bike crash as a bystander? It's phenomenal to see how we contort our bodies to protect our precious noggins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh man!! I feel for you...I had a similar crash a couple of years ago, injured in all the same places (except right hip, not left), going down a very steep hill, slammed into a parked car and when I came to there were all these people trying to pick me up asking if I was okay. Helmet saved my life though. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks pretty painful. I do love the diagram of your injuries though. Funny stuff. Best of luck in future confrontations with knee-DNA produced evil clones

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha! WOw. that is genuine laughter. Your story is priceless. I find myself amused by your epic crash and hoping that you do so again...no, I'm playing. I like your post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your posts crack me up! Sorry about the accident, but at least you got a good story out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Youch! Wahoo another blogger that puts up pics of their injuries! Liking your blog dude!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would definitely worry. I watch CSI and it seems like if they aren't finding semen everywhere, they certainly find DNA and automatically link he/she/it to the crime. Hopefully they don't think you caused the accident. Hell, you could end up ticketed with a hit and run now.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is good for your health! Or so I have read.